On Wednesday April 21, join MAD Alumni Ben Richards as he moderates an illustrious panel of Monash alumni, staff and students to explore the intersection between medicine, ethics, the law – and the politics of spin. MAD’s loveliest member, Carmel Wallis, will be part of the panel for this not to be missed event.
The scenario: “An Australian drug trial in India goes wrong; a legal settlement proposes live kidney transplants; a woman’s cancer treatment causes a tragic dilemma.”
The panel includes:
- Professor Ed Byrne AO, Monash University Vice-Chancellor
- Mr Julian Burnside, Barrister
- Dr Sally Cockburn, aka “Dr Feelgood”
- Professor Julian Savulescu, Uehiro Chair in Practical Ethics, Oxford University
- Associate Professor Nicholas Tonti-Filipini, John Paul II Institute for Marriage and Family
- Ms Carmel Wallis, MAD member and ‘Lot’s Wife’ editor
Date: Wednesday 21 April
Time: 6pm for 6.30-8pm
Location: BMW Edge, Federation Square, Corner Swanston and Flinders Street, Melbourne
Register here. We look forward to seeing you there!